|"Man on Fire"|
|Storyline Arc||The Shrouded Isles (arc)|
|Number of EP||20|
|Date of Release||April 29, 2014|
|Appearing characters||Gregor, Markus, Aesling, Kier, Orien|
|Location||The Shrouded Isles|
Plot Synopsis Edit
Nearing the bridge, the group encounters a house. Kier explains that it used to belong to the human Warden, back when humans and spiritfolk were on good terms - about two thousand years ago. This Warden was there because spiritfolk cannot bind each other as a punishment. He also says that the Warden they'll be meeting is a spiritfolk, and his role was (and is) simply to watch over the inmates.
They arrive on the other side, finding another house. Kier tells them this is as far as he's ever gotten, since the spiritfolk Warden has a nasty temper. They enter the house, Ashe immediately sensing some presence. There are human bones scattered about. Visibly nervous, Kier sits down in a corner while the trio investigates.
While Markus tampers with a cauldron filled with an acid-like, oily substance and Gregor keeps an eye on him, Ashe finds a furnace in the next room. The former two join her in front of it and behold the spiritfolk Warden manifesting from its smoke.
He begins to examine them, taking an interest in Markus as he's the only one of the three who wields arcane magic. He introduces himself as Orien and asks him whether he's here to take the human Warden's place. He goes on to explain that the mixture in the cauldron was supposed to create a human so that the prison can function again, but evidently failed. Markus tells him the reason for them being on Azhel and Orien agrees to lead them around the prison.
Orien also tells them he remembers the godslayer who bound the innocent spiritfolk, as well as the 'more recent godslayer' - referring to Kier's father. He ponders aloud that he's actually felt the latter's presence somewhere in the north, around the Nine Shrines. They set out afterwards, along with Kier, who states he's never been too fond of Orien. Ashe and Gregor share this point of view while Markus states he'll have to compare research with the spiritfolk.
- Orien says the Grecians arrived about 500 years ago.
- Kyl'il is able to watch distant places with her lanterns.
- Kier: "I used to aspire to be a scholar - back when I actually had aspirations.."
- Ashe: I grab Markus' hand before he dips the glass in it, "That better not be the one with the wisp in it."
- Markus: "..do you take me for a foo-"
- Ashe: "YES!"
- GM: Those are the feet of the cauldron, holding it up.
- Markus: Oh yeah, don't need those! I chop one off.
- Ashe: whispering "Gregor. Gregor, I don't like this guy."
- Markus: aloud, next to the cauldron "And as for the liquid inside?"
- Ashe: whispering "He's a bad influence on Markus."
- Gregor: whispering "He kills humans.."